Emraan open to item songs, says he'll do it differently

Emraan Hashmi says he is all ready to do an item number, but it has to be different from the rest.
Emraan Hashmi
"The conventional item numbers are very boring. I don't like the way they are presented. I will do something different," he said, adding jokingly that if his "Shanghai" director Dibakar Banerjee will cast him as an item boy, he would take it up.
His recent release "Shanghai" saw him playing a light-hearted role for the first time and Emraan says the film had changed people's perception about him.
"'Shanghai' de-constructed perception that people had about me. A new Emraan Hashmi has been showcased. After this whatever role I play, it should be as unpredictable as this. I want to surprise the audience," he told reporters Tuesday at PVR Juhu here.
He was seen in bold films such as "Murder 2" and "Jannat 2", but Emraan describes "Shanghai" as his "boldest film in terms of concept".
"'Shanghai' is very different. We have made a film which breaks convention," he said admitting that the film had a slow start Friday, "but the jump we got, the response I got on SMS and everything is a win-win situation for the entire team. This film needs your support so that more films like 'Shanghai' can be made."
Known as Bollywood's serial kisser, Emraan does not want to be trapped in any particular role.
"I want to be an actor who pitches his films to everyone. We know there is a divided audience. Some actors are safe and cater to one particular set of audience. But I really respect Dibakar for making a film like 'Shanghai'. He took the risk of making something totally different. The praise that I have got for Jogi Parmar, I have hardly ever heard such praise in my career. After 'Shanghai', I would want to do more films like this," he said.
Talking about people who have not liked the film, Emraan said: "You can't please everyone. You will have people who love your film and detractors as well. In this case, they haven't understood the film...

No comments: