I am not dating Neil says Sonal"


Sonal Chauhan acts coy despite painting the town red with rumoured beau Neil Nitin Mukesh!

After her debut flick Jannat in 2008, Sonal Chauhan went missing from the big screen except for a brief outing in Bbuddha Hoga Tera Baap last year and a few South films.

Of late, the starlet has been more in the news for being spotted with Neil Nitin Mukesh than her film commitments.

She also begins shooting for a film with the actor later this month. Reason enough for some more speculation on their front. But now that she has a project on hand, it’s reason enough for her to talk. So we begin with the obvious….

What’s with Neil?
Neil is a great guy. I got to know him recently. In fact I first met him at a production house’s office when we inked the deal for a film together. Now we are part of a big group of friends who hang out together.

You have been spotted at nightspots and coffee houses with him indulging in PDA?
Just because we are together and photographed together does not mean anything. This is how people of my age pose for pictures to put up on social networking sites. That’s how everyone behaves.

So he is special?
I am not dating him. When I am in love, I will proclaim it out loud.



You landed this film offer because of him?
The director duo Sheershak Anand and Shantanu Ray Chibber had earlier done the story and screenplay for Neil’s 2009 flick Aa Dekhen Zara. They felt I fitted the role.

We begin shooting in the coming weeks in Fiji. It is a supernatural thriller. As part of my preparations I have been learning swimming. I had this mental block against it, but I have now overcome it.

What happened to M F Husain’s son Owais’ film with you?
The film is complete and I hope it releases soon. As he is an artist, his approach to filmmaking is distinct.

Your debut flick’s sequel is releasing. You seem to be missing from your mentors Bhatts’ projects?
It is not that I have a problem with them. I am welcome in their office. I am sure the sequel will do as well as the first part. I was offered a film by them earlier but didn’t do it. Sometimes things don’t work out.

No comments: