No buddies in Bollywood: Bipasha Basu


New Delhi: Even after completing a decade in the industry, actress Bipasha Basu says she has no close friends in Bollywood. The 33-year-old actress says she has her own reservations when it comes to approaching a filmmaker for a role.

 "If I meet someone at a function, I do say hello. I am cordial to all. However, I can't pick up the phone next morning and propose to plan a film together. A lot of this is also due to the fact that no one is my buddy in Bollywood. I know that for some out there this does count. Nothing wrong with that but then that's just not me," Bipasha told PTI.

"On my speed dial, there is no one from the industry. When a role is offered and it is good enough then I do that. Otherwise I wait for the next right opportunity," she added.

However, in the cut throat competition that prevails in Bollywood, doesn't she feel that she could be losing out on movies?
"Possibly, but then as I said, it's a conscious call. I haven't created such equations because I am not comfortable doing that. I can't see myself saying that Hey, we are friends so give me a role in your film."
"I am friends with people around me but not friendly enough to start bargaining with them or emotionally blackmail them. Ultimately it's a good film that counts and when that comes to me, I give it a go ahead. It is as simple as that," said Bipasha.

No comments: