Bollywood news: Preity says ' SRK-Salman spat is no big deal'


After the Indian Premier League (IPL) Preity Zinta almost disappeared from the news but now she is back with three films. She speaks to CNN-IBN’s Rohit Khilnani about why her last release The Last Lear didn't work and what she thinks about the famous Shah Rukh-Salman war.


CNN-IBN: She is an actor who can make headlines at the drop of a hat not just for her films but for cricket and her personal life too. Good to see you back after a long time.


Preity Zinta: It's nice to be back.


CNN-IBN: We saw the last of you during the IPL. Where have you been since then?



CNN-IBN: Are you missing cricket and IPL?

Preity Zinta: No I am missing my movies now.

CNN-IBN: Tell us about your latest films. How did you decide to do Heroes?

Preity Zinta: I was at this phase in my life where I was refusing every film that came my way. I just wanted to do something different. And one fine day Sameer just walked in and narrated the script to me. I jumped one metre above my chair in excitement and said, 'this is it'.

CNN-IBN: The Last Lear released but it did not create much of a buzz. Why do you think that happened?

Preity Zinta: We always knew it was an experimental film. It was something different because we were making an English film in India and then it is on Shakespeare. Also, there is a very small audience in India that actually knows Shakespeare.

CNN-IBN: Did you have any free time to watch any new films?
Preity Zinta: I watched Taare Zameen Par and I thought it was fantastic.

CNN-IBN: You are friends with Shah Rukh and Salman. When you heard that they had fought, what was your first reaction?

Preity Zinta: It is between both of them and everyone is making such a big deal about it. So I think we should just let the topic be..

CNN-IBN: But they are two of the biggest stars in Bollywood

Preity Zinta: I am zipping my lips.

CNN-IBN: Thank you for talking to us.

Preity Zinta: Thank you.

No comments: