Madhuri game for intimate scenes


Madhuri Dixit
Madhuri Dixit

It seems she has learnt the rules of new-age Bollywood

During her heydays Madhuri Dixit was known for her sensuous dance numbers though she had rarely done any intimate scenes on screen save for ‘Parinda’. But in her second coming in Bollywood, it seems Madhuri has learnt the rules of the game.

Mrs Nene has signed up for the sequel of the 2010-release ‘Ishqiya’, the movie written and produced by Vishal Bharadwaj. In the original, Vidya Balan played the sultry, sharp-tongued character who had intimate scenes with Arshad Warsi which became the talking point of the film.

So now, as Madhuri prepares to start shooting for the sequel in September, everyone wants to know what her character is going to be like. Will the mother of two be comfortable with sexy scenes if they are part of the script? Madhuri says, “I don’t think marriage or motherhood has anything to do with an actor’s work. My kids (Arin and Rayan) and husband (Dr Sriram Nene) know that I’m an artiste. I can’t shy away from anything that a script demands, even if it’s physical intimacy.”

She adds, however, that a scene like that has to be integral to the plot: “If I’m convinced that it’s essential to the script, and I know it will be shot aesthetically, I won’t say no to intimate scenes. Vidya’s scenes were shot so beautifully in ‘Ishqiya’. If ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ absolutely needs something of that sort, I’m game.”

Well, this changed attitude is certainly a surprise and we would love to see to what extent will Madhuri go in the film!

No comments: