Asin doing Stunts in Bol Bachchan


Riding high on the success of Housefull 2, Asin is sad that she won’t be doing any action in her next release, Rohit Shetty’s action comedy Bol Bachchan (BB). The actor says, “I have a grudge against Rohit as he got Ajay (Devgn) and Abhishek (Bachchan) to do all the cool stunts and had none for me.

 All my action was off the sets. I went paragliding in Panchgani, which was fun.” Shooting in Wai and Panchgani was tough for the unit, given the hot weather. Asin says, “Though the locations sound cool, we were shooting with the sun at 40 degrees. Being in this film was literally blood, sweat and hard work. Next time, I will ask Rohit to shoot in a cold place like Switzerland.”

 Asin adds that co-star Ajay ensured there was laughter off the camera too, and that Rohit, who has a commanding appearance with a stern look, has a great comic sense.

About her role in BB, Asin reveals, “I play a girl called Sania Bachchan who is paired with Ajay. The film is interesting for me as there is a generation of Indians who missed out on some of the fabulous films of the ’70s, including Gol Maal.”

Rohit bought the rights of Amol Palekar’s 1979 film and picked up the basic idea of casting Abhishek Bachchan in a ‘double’ role. With two Abhisheks and one Ajay in the film, what kind of role would she have?

“One should look at a film in totality. I have a good part to play in BB, which Rohit has fleshed out very well. Also, the way I have been styled in the film is very different, so that should be interesting.”

As Asin hasn’t signed on any other film post BB, she says, “As an actor, one feels most insecure about the kind of scripts you get.

I am ready to take risks in my career and hope that different kinds of roles come my way soon.”
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: